Celtic Harmony Directions
Celtic Harmony Directions
To get to our Prehistory settlement, follow Celtic Harmony directions as below:
- Celtic Harmony Camp
- Bourne Wood, Brickendon
- SG13 8NY
- Grid Ref: TL328,081
- Lat and Long for Sat Nav: N 51o45.6′ W 0o4.6′
Please note that Celtic Harmony Camp is situated in rural East Hertfordshire, and whilst easily accessible by coach, there can be overhanging branches which may affect double-decker vehicles and in turn delay your arrival. We advise that single-decker vehicles are booked wherever possible.
Arriving in Hertford on the A414:
- Follow signs to Brickendon and the County Council on Pegs Lane.
- At the mini roundabout turn left and carry on past the Council buildings on your right hand side.
- Continue downhill on the same road, now Bullocks Lane.
- Turn left at the mini roundabout onto Horns Mill Road and then turn left at the brown sign marked Celtic Harmony Camp onto Brickendon Lane, which will take you all the way to Brickendon.
- You will pass a row of houses on your right then Edwards Farm and Monks Green Farm on your left.
- Keep going, you will pass larger houses on your l.h.s. and 3 cottages called Sewards Cottages.
Slow down ready to turn left.
- You will then see a large barn in a field behind some trees on the r.h.s. and a post and rail fence on the l.h.s of the road, just before this fence turn left up the RUPP (road used as a public path).
- About 20m up the RUPP track on your r.h.s. there is an iron barrier gate – this is the car park. If you have not turned left onto the RUPP and you have passed the Brickendon village sign you have gone too far.
- Park in the car park and make sure all children are wearing their wellingtons/sturdy boots. We will be waiting for you in the car park. If you arrive early please wait on the coach.
Approaching from London/the south
* Follow any signs to Paradise Wildlife Park as you will pass this on the way to the Celtic Harmony Camp.
- Go north on the A10 (Junction 25 on the M25).
- Take the exit for Broxbourne, A1170.
- On the Roundabout take the 2nd exit, sign posted to Broxbourne. (It’s an odd roundabout with only two exits, the first exit will put you back on the A10).
- At the next Roundabout take the 1st exit, sign posted A1170 High Road Turnford
- Continue for 0.5 miles, passing through Wormley town.
- Turn Left – Church Lane
- Turn Left – White Stubbs Lane
- Continue past Paradise Wildlife Park
- Turn Right – Pembridge Lane
- Turn Left – Brickendon Green
- Turn Right – Brickendon Lane
- The Entrance to Celtic Harmony Camp is on the right hand side.
- Park in the car park and then walk down a track between the fields to the entrance.
Approaching from Hatfield
- Head east toward Great North Rd/A1000
- Turn Right onto Hertford Rd/A414
- Turn Left to merge onto Hertford Rd/A414
- Take the 3rd exit at the roundabout onto Holwell Lane/B1455
- Turn Left onto B158
- Continue on Lower Hatfield Road
- Do not turn right onto Robins Nest Hill unless there is a deviation in place
- Do not turn up Buck’s Alley, (even though your Sat Nav may direct you this way!) This is a small rural lane that is dangerous for big vehicles to travel down
- Turn Right on Brickendon Lane
- The Entrance to Celtic Harmony Camp is on the left hand side
Thank you for reading our Celtic Harmony directions page – we look forward to seeing you soon!