Join our Education Team
If you have some experience working with children and like the outdoors or have recently finished studying and are now looking for an opportunity to work in the field of outdoor heritage education, then an Education Trainee role, full-time, could be for you!
Why we need you: We are looking for new members of staff to lead and assist with activities on our innovative education programme for school groups and visitors at Celtic Harmony Camp, the Prehistory settlement, near Hertford.
Celtic Harmony is an award winning education charity, providing hands-on cultural heritage education of ancient Britain to increase understanding of the natural world and create a more sustainable way of life for future generations.
The education program has a unique hands-on approach to learning, where children experience life in Prehistory form Stone to Iron Age during day trips and residential trips. Celtic Harmony is pledged with ‘Brilliant Residential’ campaign to deliver high quality residential trips which can lead to improved resilience and relationships for young people.
The education team dress in Celtic costume so that visiting school children can experience life in ancient Britain. There is a range of days from Woodsmen to Warriors that teachers choose from with hands-on age appropriate activities from grinding grain on quern stones to archery and bat walks. The job is varied and includes assistance with catering, delivering of activities, site maintenance and communication.
Benefits to you:
- Full induction training with Celtic Harmony.
- work in a growing education charity.
- develop skills in a unique field of work combining creative and practical skills to gain external training and accreditation where necessary.
- follow a personal development training program.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a degree or diploma in outdoor education / archaeology / history / child related qualification.
- be interested in primitive skills and ancient culture.
- have an enthusiasm to develop a career in the field of outdoor heritage education
- be a good team player.
- own car due to the rural location of the site.
- must be 18 Years or over.
|Location||Celtic Harmony Camp – Brickendon, Near Hertford, Hertfordshire|
|Remuneration||£16,016 to £17,077 gross per annum pro rata, on a monthly rota including weekends. Remuneration dependent on experience with the opportunity to becoming an Education Officer and earning £18,000 after 6 to 12 months.|
|Hours||Full-time 40 Hours per Week|
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get your Free 26 page Prehistory Lesson Plan with Cartoon Resources when you sign up for Newsletter!
Celtic Harmony Camp
(01438) 718 543