Art in Prehistory
A creative journey through a million years of Prehistory Art. The day includes all materials and three artefacts that your pupil will making ready to take home with them.
- Introduction to the different periods of the Stone Age (Neolithic, Mesolithic and Palaeolithic) and Prehistory (Stone, Bronze and Iron)
- Visit our Palaeolithic Cave and Cave Painting Art Workshop
- Introduction on Prehistoric Pottery and “Make Your Own Bronze Age Beaker Pot” Workshop
- 2500 Years of Metal and Torc (twisted metal) Bracelet Workshop
- Trade and Barter
Trading has two parts:
- Part 1: your class will swap real artefacts as they role play as characters and use numerical problem solving in the trading game
- Part 2: your pupils will enjoy trading by swapping their pocket money for Celtic gold coins to trade for the more precious produce in the shop
“All activities were practical, packed full of historical facts, vocabulary rich! Brilliant!.” Jaclyn Orchant, Little Ealing
“All of the activities really helped to engage the children, consolidate what they have learnt and develop their knowledge and understanding.” Amie Macura, Oak Farm
“All activities were interactive and kept the attention of the children: accessible to ALL. Having our Prehistory leader as the expert and “in role” made the whole experience engaging and believable.” Miss Nurse, The Grove
£22 / Student
Adult Helpers FREE
A full day of hands-on challenges from 10am until 2.30pm/3pm for KS2
Ratio of 1 adult helper to 8 Children
“The practical nature of the activities was good. The best part was the guide who gave us so much detail and information on Prehistory”
Browse more Day Trips
See our other Day Trips at Celtic Harmony
Subscribe for your Prehistory Resources!
Get in touch
Get in touch with us...