Target Audience: Key Stage 2 & 3
Each clan of 15 will earn gold coins as they complete each challenge in this team building day to earn enough for their clan to become recognised Chieftains:
- Learn the art of Target Archery
- Hunting archery practice in the woods
- Fire lighting without matches
- Craft your own Torc necklace
- Woodland Quest
- Traditional Trade and barter with Celtic coins.
Trading has two parts:
- Part 1: your class will swap real artefacts as they role play as Celtic characters and use numerical problem solving in the trading game to barter for a wide range of goods.
- Part 2: your pupils will enjoy Trading with Celtic coins, by swapping their pocket money for Catuvellaunni coins to trade for the more precious produce in the shop, with a wide range of heritage produce supporting local craftsmen.
“Complimenting our school’s “Learning Characters” topic. These activities went hand in hand with resilience and perseverance” C Richardson, Uni College Junior, June 2019
“All of it was completely immersed in the topic. Great opportunities to try skills not in the curriculum” – Mrs Meals, St Nicholas Harlow, June 2019
£26 / Student
Adult Helpers FREE
A full day of hands-on challenges from 10am until 2.30pm/3pm
Ratio of 1 adult helper to 8 Children
Browse more Day Trips
See our other Day Trips at Celtic Harmony
Subscribe for your Prehistory Resources!
Get in touch
Get in touch with us...