Travel from being Neolithic Hunter Gatherers to Bronze Age Potters and Iron Age Farmers in this dynamic journey through a million years of Prehistory. The day starts with a demonstration of the evolution from Stone to Iron Age showing real metal ores.
- Stone Age Flint tools talk and Soap Knapping Arrow Heads
- Wattle Fence Making and Exploring the Bronze Age Roundhouse
- Make Your Own Bronze Age Beaker Pot
- Grind Grain on Iron Age Quern Stones and make Dough
- Trade and Barter
Trading has two parts:
- Part 1: your class will swap real artefacts as they role play as characters and use numerical problem solving in the trading game
- Part 2: your pupils will enjoy trading by swapping their pocket money for Celtic gold coins to trade for the more precious produce in the shop
“All activities were practical, packed full of historical facts, vocabulary rich! Brilliant!.” Jaclyn Orchant, Little Ealing, PE, March 2020
“All of the activities really helped to engage the children, consolidate what they have learnt and develop their knowledge and understanding.” Amie Macura, Oak Farm, November 2019
“All activities were interactive and kept the attention of the children: accessible to ALL. Having our Prehistory leader as the expert and “in role” made the whole experience engaging and believable.” Miss Nurse, The Grove, September 2019
£20 / Student
Adult Helpers FREE
A full day of hands-on challenges from 10am until 2.30pm/3pm for KS2
Ratio of 1 adult helper to 8 Children
“The practical nature of the activities was good. The best part was the guide who gave us so much detail and information on Prehistory”
Browse more Day Trips
See our other Day Trips at Celtic Harmony
Subscribe for your Prehistory Resources!
Get in touch
Get in touch with us...