Apply to become an Education Trainee!
Do you have some experience working with children? Like the outdoors? Have you recently finished studying and are now looking for an opportunity to work in the field of outdoor heritage education? Then a full-time Education Trainee role could be for you!
Why we need you: We are looking for new staff to lead and assist with activities on our innovative education programme for school groups and visitors at Celtic Harmony Camp, the Prehistory settlement, near Hertford.
Celtic Harmony is an award-winning education charity, providing hands-on cultural heritage education of ancient Britain. We aim to increase understanding of the natural world and create a more sustainable way of life for future generations.
The education program has a unique hands-on approach to learning, where children experience Prehistory during day trips and residential trips. Celtic Harmony is pledged with the ‘Brilliant Residential’ campaign to deliver high quality residential trips which can lead to improved resilience and better relationships for young people.
The education team dress in Celtic costume so that visiting school children can experience life in ancient Britain. There is a range of days from Farmers to Warriors that teachers choose from, with hands-on age appropriate activities, such as grinding grain on quern stones to archery and bat walks. The job is varied and includes assistance with catering, delivering of activities, site maintenance and communication.
Benefits to you:
- Full induction training with Celtic Harmony.
- work in a growing education charity.
- develop skills in a unique field of work combining creative and practical skills to gain external training and accreditation where necessary.
- follow a personal development training program.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a degree or diploma in outdoor education / archaeology / history / child related qualification.
- be interested in primitive skills and ancient culture.
- have an enthusiasm to develop a career in the field of outdoor heritage education
- be a good team player.
- own car due to the rural location of the site.
- must be 18 years old or over.
|Location||Celtic Harmony Camp – Brickendon, Near Hertford, Hertfordshire|
|Remuneration||£16,016 to £17,077 gross per annum pro rata, on a monthly rota including weekends. Remuneration dependent on experience with the opportunity to becoming a Senior Education Trainee earning £19,281 after 12 months, be able to progress to Education Officer after 24 months earning £20,000 gross per annum pro rata.|
|Start Date||Spring 2020|
|Hours||Full-time 40 Hours per Week|
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Celtic Harmony Camp
(01438) 718 543